The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship / News & Press Releases / News Archive
- FSU students invited to learn from successful entrepreneurs and show off their entrepreneurial ideas during 'eMonth'
- EBV National Conference Series serves as a reunion for veterans and provides advanced training from experts in entrepreneurship
- From Russia and back with insights into U.S. innovation and entrepreneurship
- FSU student entrepreneur founds dorm decor website
- The North Florida Small Business Executive Program is taking applications now
- The Small Business Executive Program (SBEP) has Kicked off in South Florida
- University Business Incubator (UBI) Index ranks InNOLEvation Accelerator among best university business incubators in the world
- The Jim Moran Institute hosts the South Florida Business & Leadership Conference
- Mike Campbell on WFSU Perspectives shows: Imagine Tallahassee and DIY Business
- Veterans with disabilities to receive training in small-business ownership
- The EDC to collaborate with GrowFL and The Jim Moran Institute to create first-of-its-kind entrepreneurial approach in Tallahassee Region
- Dr. Jim Dever receives 2012-2013 University Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Online study-guide platform takes first in InNOLEvation Challenge’s Shark Tank competition
- Student entrepreneurs compete in 'Shark Tank'
- Slideshow of the student-run Business Expo and Music Festival held on Monday, April 8
- Entrepreneurship sophomore Luke Valentine publishes first book
- Business 2 Business Solutions, Inc. wins Best-in-Show: Entrepreneur at the 2013 DIGITECH showcase
- Thomas Brady, CEO of Moolaguides, is selected as one of six finalists for the Cupid's Cup Business Competition
- ACC Entrepreneurs vie for Startup Madness Title
- Florida State's College of Business among 'Best for Vets,' says Military Times
- Deutsche Bank & Enterprise Community Partners Announce Four Finalists for Lowering the Cost Design Competition - Among Finalists FSU Business and Urban Regional Planning interns
- The Jim Moran Institute is now accepting applications from established businesses for the new CEO Peer2Peer Groups
- FSU grads nearing their business funding target for Black & Denim apparel
- Florida State announces plan to continue rise in national rankings
- The Jim Moran Institute congratulates Advisory Board member Steve Roden and LearnSomething, Inc. for being named winner of the state of Florida's 2012 Governor's Innovators in Business Award.
- New North Florida Outreach Director to implement expanded services of The Jim Moran Institute
- The 2012-2013 InNOLEvation Challenge is coming (Oct. 30 - Apr. 13)
- Videos of Colin Brown speaking at the Advice Straight Up luncheon on Sept. 20th are here!
- Small Business Leadership Forum gives small business owners tools to succeed
- Creativity helps entrepreneurs weather the current business climate
- From Soldier to Small Business Owner: A veteran's story of transition and hope
- From casualty to comeback – with help from Florida State
- The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship Awards College of Medicine Grad $5,000 Grant
- 2012 Small Business Leadership Forum announced
- 2012 Small Business Leadership Forum announced
- Boot camp for vets marches into its fifth year
- Soldiers have a new mission at FSU's Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Grand Ole Opry to Salute U.S. Military with Special Tuesday Night Opry on May 22. EBV will be featured as part of special telecast on May 26
- Family members of military veterans end week long entrepreneurship bootcamp
- FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY NEWS: FSU News Audio Recap of the InNOLEvation Challenge Student Business Plan Competition
- FSU welcomes military families to entrepreneurship 'bootcamp'
- Biological Sciences Majors Emerge as First-Place Winners of the InNOLEvation Challenge
- Field of 10 FSU student entrepreneurs compete in 'Shark Tank' round of InNOLEvation Challenge
- $150,000 grant to benefit entrepreneurial FSU students engaged in incubator activities
- Start a Business in Three Days
- Florida State University’s The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship presents sold-out 2nd annual minority business conference
- The Florida State University College of Business and The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship Announce the 20 Teams that will Advance to Stage 3 in The InNOLEvation Challenge
- 2-Minute Video Pitches of Finalists in The Jim Moran Institute's $250,000 InNOLEvation Challenge are Available on YouTube
- FSU student business MoolaGuides places among the "Elite Eight" in Startup Madness competition held March 14 in Durham, NC.
- A well-deserved congratulations to Trip Wyckoff, Associate Librarian and Business Subject Specialist—as well as instructor for the Family Business class—who was selected to receive the Florida Library Association Exemplary Learning Design Award for his Business Research 101 Certification Program.
- The Jim Moran Institute is a sponsor of 3-Day Startup FSU. More sponsors and tech entrepreneurs are being sought for this event that aims to help students launch technology companies.
- InNOLEvation Challenge announces top 40
- 3-Day Startup is an entrepreneurship education program designed for university students with an emphasis on learning by doing. Find out more!
- The latest edition of “Florida's Bottom Line,” CFO Jeff Atwater's quarterly newsletter, includes this article by The Jim Moran Institute "Entrepreneurs: A Key Component of Florida's Economic Recovery."
- WCTV: Students Create an Award-Winning App
- From the Internet to your ears: Student entrepreneurs are hearing success with 'WORDIO' smartphone app
- Check them out! We have posted videos online from the 2nd Advice Straight Up luncheon held on October 20, 2011
- Student entrepreneurs, grateful for business success, give back to College of Business
- Entrepreneurial students unveil business ideas at Sophomore Business Expo 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28
- The Jim Moran Institute to sponsor prestigious national award for women and minority entrepreneurs
- FSU Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization Earns First Place at the 2011 National Elevator Pitch Competition
- Asher Roth and Steve Rifkind 'love college.' Platinum hip-hop artist and record exec visited FSU on Nov. 2.
- Wordio, Florida State Student-Founded Business and Member of The Jim Moran Institute’s InNOLEvation Accelerator, Takes Top Prize in Tallahassee Startup Weekend Contest
- Want to know more information about the InNOLEvation Challenge? Click on this link to visit the website
- The Jim Moran Institute's Jerry Osteryoung Receives "Servant Leadership Award" at 17th annual Distinguished Leadership Awards Dinner.
- Getting down to business: FSU students invited to show off their entrepreneurial ideas during 'eWeek'
- The Jim Moran Institute's First Advice Straight Up Speaker Series Luncheon a Huge Success
- Congratulations to Jerry Osteryoung on his appointment to the Judicial Qualifications Commissions
- On Spot Entertainment Joins The Jim Moran Institute’s Student Business Incubator in Florida State University’s College of Business
- The Jim Moran Institute’s Tallahassee Startup Round Produces First Startup
- Disabled veterans receive entrepreneurial training at the EBV program hosted by the FSU College of Business
- The Jim Moran Institute Joins National Business Incubation Association (NBIA), the World’s Leading Organization Advancing Business Incubation and Entrepreneurship
- Professor appointed to U.S. SBA Advisory Council on Underserved Communities
- Chad Kittrell joins The Jim Moran Institute Advisory Board
- The second Tallahassee Startup Round Event on Thursday, May 12 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the Vintage Bistro & Bar
- The Jim Moran Institute and College of Business at The Florida State University name Second Entrepreneur-in-residence
- The Jim Moran Institute is pleased to welcome College Cleaners to the Student Business Incubator (SBI) in the FSU College of Business.
- The Jim Moran Institute’s Inaugural Tallahassee Startup Round a Big Success. Event Draws more than 70 Entrepreneurs, Students, Educators and Investors
- Robert W. Barron joins The Jim Moran Institute Advisory Board
- The Jim Moran Institute would like to congratulate longtime advisory board member Steve Evans on his selection as the 2011 private-sector winner of the Sunshine State Ethics in Leadership Award.
- Chemistry professor Joseph Schlenoff awarded prestigious Gutenberg Chair at Université de Strasbourg. Joe is a Jim Moran Institute Fellow and co-founder of the Chempreneurs® Technology Commercialization program.
- The Jim Moran Institute to sponsor the inaugural Tallahassee Startup Round—an informal gathering of students, entrepreneurs, investors and mentors to promote economic development across Tallahassee and the state of Florida.
- Entrepreneurship Program for Veterans earns White House praise
- Mrs. Jan Moran presents commemorative 50th Anniversary issue of the March 24, 1961 TIME magazine featuring Mr. Jim Moran on the cover to The Jim Moran Institute
- From the April 2011 issue of Inc. magazine—Best Courses 2011: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- 2 FSU students turn their on-campus idea into an online business - Business - MiamiHerald.com
- City of Hollywood Brown Bag Lunch & Learn Seminar Series on April 11: "Time Management"
- Student Business Incubator in the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship receives Jessie Ball duPont Fund grant
- Mike Fingado, entrepreneur in the Student Business Incubator, profiled for March 2011
- Former FSU Information Technology Student and Notelog.com Founder, Cedric Nabe, Training to Compete in the 2012 Olympics in London
- The Jim Moran Institute congratulates JM Family Enterprises Inc. for appearing at No. 16 on FORTUNE magazine's list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For" in America.
- The Jim Moran Institute is pleased to welcome StooKoo LLC to the Student Business Incubator (SBI) in the FSU College of Business.
- The Jim Moran Institute is pleased to welcome Notelog LLC to the Student Business Incubator (SBI) in the FSU College of Business.
- The Jim Moran Institute welcomes Ray Land, one of BusinessWeek's 2010 Top 25 ′America's Best Young Entrepreneurs′
- The Jim Moran Institute Announces Inaugural Fellows
- CHEMPRENEUR® education services—the Technology Commercialization Experience—named finalist for USASBE Innovative Entrepreneurship Education Course Award
- Florida State senior launches Campus DVD—an automated DVD rental service—to serve students on the FSU campus