The Jim Moran Institute Celebrates The 2019 Seminole 100
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida State University unveiled the 2019 Seminole 100 during a ceremony hosted Saturday night by the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship at the FSU College of Business, the FSU Alumni Association and professional services firm EY.
The 2nd Annual Seminole 100 Celebration at University Center Club in Doak Campbell Stadium recognized the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or managed by FSU alumni.
FSU President John Thrasher presented the top award to James “Chef” Barlow of Blue Air Training of Las Vegas. The 2019 Seminole 100 included a wide range of businesses across the country. More than 75 are located in Florida.
“The remarkable success of these business owners reflects well on the university, and we are incredibly proud they are Florida State alumni,” said Melissa Roberts, managing director of the Jim Moran Institute. “Seminole 100 is our way of recognizing entrepreneurial excellence among our alumni, and it helps fulfill Florida State’s goal of becoming a preeminent university that embraces entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation across campus.”
EY verified information from each company and ranked the businesses based on a compound annual growth rate.
THE 2019 SEMINOLE 100 LIST:
- Blue Air Training, LLC, Las Vegas, Nev.*
- Social Catering and Events, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Boomerang Transportation, LLC, Tampa, Fla.
- SimpleNexus, Lehi, Utah
- Vale Food Company, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Chop Barbershop, LLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Orlando Project Controls, LLC, Lake Mary, Fla.
- Asset Engineering, Inc., Bartow, Fla.
- Providence Technology Solutions, LLC, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Imagine Media Consulting, Atlanta, Ga.
- Wilcox and Hackett, LLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- LandSouth Construction, Jacksonville, Fla.*
- Curaytor, Orlando, Fla.
- Visiture, LLC, Charleston, S.C.*
- Top Tier, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Chanco Schiffer Law, LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Square Peg Technologies, Washington, D.C.
- A-LIGN, Tampa, Fla.*
- Owenby Law, P.A., Jacksonville, Fla.*
- Lucky Goat Coffee Co., LLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- PlayBig Therapy & Recreation Zone, LLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Southeast Forensic Consultants, Tallahassee, Fla.
- American Meetings, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- GMF Steel Group, Lakeland, Fla.*
- ReliaQuest, Tampa, Fla.
- Peterson Foods, LLC, Marietta, Ga.*
- Williams Law Group, LLC, Short Hills, N.J.
- ROI Healthcare Solutions, Atlanta, Ga.*
- Connect Agency, Jacksonville, Fla.*
- Kupanda Capital, LLC, Washington, D.C.*
- Ardent Eagle Solutions, Tampa, Fla.*
- Avion Insurance Agency, Inc., Lake Mary, Fla.*
- Veteran Energy, Gainesville, Fla.*
- Cayer Behavioral Group, Tallahassee, Fla.
- AgileThought, Tampa, Fla.*
- Tampa Bay Wave, Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Aerospace Quality Research & Development MRO, LLC, Addison, Texas*
- Taylor Financial, Tampa, Fla.
- HomeCare Connect, LLC, Winter Park, Fla.
- Diverse Computing, Inc., Tallahassee, Fla.*
- Cores & Associates, LLC, Freehold, N.J.
- Resonant Sciences, LLC, Dayton, Ohio
- All Seasons Wealth, Tampa, Fla.
- CFO Alliance, Tampa, Fla.*
- JLA Sports, LLC, Odessa, Fla.
- First GREEN Bank, Mount Dora, Fla.*
- iMobile3, LLC, Jacksonville, Fla.*
- Fiore Communications, Tallahassee, Fla.*
- Morris Retirement Advisors, Parsippany, N.J.
- Convert IT Marketing, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Fla.*
- Insurance Specialty Group, Atlanta, Ga.*
- TopCat Markets, Inc., Sylva, N.C.
- Urban Catalyst Consultants, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Infotainment.com, Oviedo, Fla.
- Total Professional Association Management, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Premiere Computer Solutions, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Prime Meridian Bank, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Autumn Beck Blackledge, PLLC, Pensacola, Fla.
- ReEmployAbility, Inc., Tampa, Fla.*
- Synergy Wood Products, Inc., Sanford, Fla.
- AK Consulting Group, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Smith Family Chiropractic, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Allied Instructional Services, Ashland, Va.*
- Lalabye Baby, LLC, Spring, Texas
- Demirel International, Marianna, Fla.
- Hadjo Media, LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Silver Productions, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Convergence Consulting Group, Tampa, Fla.*
- Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc., Franklin Lakes, N.J.*
- Kerigan Marketing Associates, Inc., WindMark Beach, Fla.*
- Moisand Fitzgerald Tamayo, LLC, Orlando, Fla.*
- Southwest Georgia Oil Company, Bainbridge, Ga.*
- Sunbrite Outdoor Furniture, Inc., Orlando, Fla.
- Tal Search Group, Inc., Tallahassee, Fla.*
- Florida Event Décor, Orlando, Fla.*
- Stone, Glass & Connolly, LLP, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Marmer Construction, Inc., Sebring, Fla.
- Southern Home Consultants, Inc., Tallahassee, Fla.
- Global Sales, Gibsonton, Fla.*
- Harvard & Associates, CPA, P.A., Tallahassee, Fla.
- Liberty Partners of Tallahassee, LLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Gulf Beach Weddings, St. Pete Beach, Fla.*
- Tasty Pastry Bakery, Inc., Tallahassee, Fla.
- Manausa Law Firm, P.A., Tallahassee, Fla.
- Information and Computing Services, Jacksonville, Fla.*
- Assurance Financial Group, LLC, Baton Rouge, La.*
- Deep Blue Yacht Supply, Inc., Davie, Fla.*
- McKee Insurance Agency, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Venture Medical, Tampa, Fla.*
- Johnson and Blanton, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Rambana & Ricci, PLLC, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Kraft Nissan, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Taylor White Specialized Staffing Services, Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Partners in Association Management, Tallahassee, Fla.*
- Accountable Healthcare Staffing, Boca Raton, Fla.*
- Southern Proper Hospitality, Atlanta, Ga.*
- Coton Colors by Laura Johnson, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Taylor, Day, Grimm & Boyd, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Madison Social, Tallahassee, Fla.
- PremierMED Family & Sports Medicine, Ocoee, Fla.
*Companies previously named to the Seminole 100
To qualify for the Seminole 100, a company must have operated for at least three years and generated revenue by Jan. 1, 2015. In addition, the business must have been owned or majority-managed by an FSU graduate for three consecutive years prior to its nomination.
To learn more about the Seminole 100, visit www.seminole100.fsu.edu.
About the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship
The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship cultivates, trains and inspires entrepreneurial leaders through world-class executive education, applied training, public recognition and leading-edge research.
Jim Moran was an automotive pioneer and an entrepreneur at heart, who at the age of 7, sold soda pop at sandlot baseball diamonds in Chicago. With a career that spanned more than six decades, he built an amazing chronicle of achievements in the automobile industry.
His vision for the Jim Moran Institute was to provide opportunities that would help others become more successful business owners. A 1995 contribution from Jim and Jan Moran and JM Family Enterprises established the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship at the Florida State University College of Business. Since 2011, further enhancements to the Jim Moran Institute and its outreach have been made possible by Jan Moran and The Jim Moran Foundation.
About the FSU Alumni Association
The Florida State University Alumni Association, established in 1909, is dedicated to creating meaningful relationships and a strong network of Seminole alumni and friends on behalf of Florida State University and its more than 349,000 alumni. The association works to foster pride and enhance lifelong connections to Florida State through events, programs, clubs and Seminole stories. Learn more about the FSU Alumni Association and membership benefits at alumni.fsu.edu. Follow the association on social media for current news and events.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and our communities, and where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.